Sunday, February 04, 2007

An Introduction to "Cairo Says"

I am a woman who believes in freedom of speech and mind (except when others' opinion differs from mine, then it's my duty to save them from their path towards self-destruction now, don't I?). Anyway, back to my sense of respect for individual rights.

I was so into it that I pondered much when a kid vomitted this snippet verbatim from a comic book to me,"Kids has got their rights too, you know?" I think she was reading something called Crayon Shin or some other rude publications which camouflages itself as kids' read. Immaterial where it came from, the lines rings loud and clear and got me thinking...

Now, if kids are entitled to their rights, wouldn't that include the domain of thoughts too? What are they actually thinking before we impose on them our interpretation of right and wrong? To look at day to day situations through their eyes....

I found myself wondering... that if only my baby could carry on intelligible conversations NOW (think the old movie "Look Who's Talking" and you get my drift...), what would she say to me? What would her view of the world be like, looking at it through those innocent big round eyes of hers?

Hence sprang forth the idea of "Cairo Says". A series of observations and records which I believe my strong willed little girl would have written, if only she could.....

No comments: