Monday, February 05, 2007

Cairo Says: No More Jabs!

(Previously posted by "Cairo" on 13th April, 2006 on Multiply)


My 5th month has come and gone just like that. Mommy, Daddy and Ah Ma Po Po brought me to see Doctor Liau on the 1st day of my 6th mth. I rarely get to go out after dark but this is an exception. Everybody wanted to see me jabbed but everybody (except Po Po) could only go after work, duh!

Doctor said I am a big girl now and would not need to see that nasty nasty (my own description) needle until I am 15mths old . Meanwhile, I am 6.6kg / 65cm long now! I weighed 'just' 3.89kg / 52cm long at birth. Doc said I am considered tall for a girl my age, yeh yeh!

While everybody was busy 'marveling' at my progress (still at the clinic and with me wearing my smug looking expression hehe), Mommy was muttering something like this to herself "smelly baby...take all my nutrients......grow so fast.....all came from my milk....wake up at 5am everyday.....grab my hair n specs....ungrateful little brat....". Grandma and Daddy were busy shooting her the 'what-kind-of-crazy-mother-are-you look' . Doc was busy filling up my progress report (he doesn't seem to be in a hurry though he had another 10 more patients outside and it was 9pm already; from that I could tell that he loves his job). Me, I am just glad that I don't have to go to that place for a long, long time now hehe...

Back at home, they have rearranged my bed over the weekend and I don't like it one bit! I was just discovering a way to stick my head over the side panel! I did that by rolling to the side, prop myself up with my now kind of strong arms, while Grandma was sleeping. Such fun! Considering that I am always stuck INSIDE the cot (when they are all busy, anyway). It must be sheer bad luck that Grandma woke up just in time and put an end to my newfound albeit short lived freedom... hai... the trials of being a baby, you people would never understand!

No comments: