Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cheaper By The Dozen @ Clinic?

The whole family is sick.

Though technically we should exclude Cairo. She has recovered (95% anyway). I'm still coughing like I've contracted TB or something, though my sore throat and runny nose seems to have subsided.

Hubby is the latest victim (and he has got stomach flu on top of everything else I had, hahaha, so much for laughing at my low immunity back then :p). Grandma thinks her throat is itchy, meaning to say she'll be the next. Maybe we should ask for a discount from the clinic for Grandma... sorta like buy 3 free 1!

And the dang haze is not even here yet!!! I can't imagine what it'll do to my cough once the wind direction changes in a month's time.....


What Cairo, Hubby and I are taking at the moment

If you guys are worried that my new job is so taxing till I'm unable to do my beloved blogging and blog reading, you're wrong. It's the medicine's doing! I'm in Lala-land most of the time once I reach home and pop my pills and stronger (aka sleep inducing) cough syrup, hahaha!

Oh, some of you asked about my new job - and I thank you for your concern - it's basically just another company, another project but I'm still in my old line... so it's not too big a change, don't worry. The project's pretty iconic and my boss seems zealously inclined towards imparting his skills to us, so I am crossing my fingers :D

Job load is ok, though the location is most detrimental to the health of my wallet (now we're both sick, hyuk hyuk hyuk!)

I not gonna mention where, but let's just say that I walk pass Hermes, Ferragamo, Cartier, LV, Dior, Valentino, Gucci, Armani etc etc in the 5 minutes short walk from the train station to my office block..... butttt nooo! Not once have I succumbed to temptation (yet) - even with the "SALE" sign displayed so prominently on the shopfronts.

The main culprit? The Toys 'R' Us smacked right across the road! Now you know who benefited most from my change of job eh?

Well, that aside, food is definitely costlier also - another reason to start dieting I guess. Soon, soon :p

Last but not least, a GREAT NEWS! Cairo is now the big sister of a cute little baby girl whom my cousin M gave birth to in KL today. Can't wait to see both of them!!!

9 comments:

Anggie's journel said...

oh dear u'll are sick and i thot u been busy with your new job that's why hardly see your post . Hope every one get well soon and glad u're doin fine in your new job too ...
take care .. :)

Zara's Mama said...

My gosh.. so many types of different medicine.

Hope e.body at home is feeling better already.

Mummy to QiQi said...

wow...i hope de whole family is getting better :O

jazzmint said...

aiyo..u poor thing, get well soon yah..maybe we over exert during the sg trip haha.....

wah M beranak liao..they must be so happi lah...finally...so are u coming back for the fullmoon?

chooi peng said...

so many medicine ah...

take care and have a speedy recovery!

jean said...

Get well soon, Cairo's mommy!! Same to all in the family.. take care ya..

Big Pumpkin said...

Wow...you can start a drugstore business, love!

Have you tried honey??? Ever since I tried organic honey from Oz, I don't take meds anymore unless the flu really really really doesn't go away. It really takes a sore throat away immediately!

Big Pumpkin said...

And I forgot to add, get well soon!!! Don't forget to drink, drink, drink lots....barley.

Jasmine said...

Ops! Whole family sick liao!! Get well soon if not i cant go shopping with u lor!!